CVSA Roadcheck June 2-4-2015
The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) will hold their annual 72-hour Roadcheck this year from June 2-4. The annual three-day roadside commercial vehicle safety crackdown known as Roadcheck will focus on various elements of motor carrier, vehicle, driver, and cargo safety and security. This year, there will be a special focus on cargo securement compliance. Cargo securement violations represent the fourth most prevalent Out-of-Service violation category, after brakes, tires, and lighting—with a significant portion of cargo violations represented by unsecured vehicle equipment such as dunnage, blocks, spare tires, etc.
Here is a look at some statistics from the 2014 Roadcheck:
- 73,475 total inspections were conducted
- 49,656 were North American Standard Level 1 Inspections
- 23% included Out-of-Service (OOS) vehicle violations
- 72,415 driver inspections were conducted
- 8% included Out-of-Service (OOS) driver violations
- 825 seatbelt violations issued
- Over 10,000 inspectors participated at approximately 2,500 locations across North America
TransForce Inc., is an active member of the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance, and continues to maintain a commitment to safety and compliance. For more information about Roadcheck, please click here to visit the CVSA website.