COVID-19: An Updated Message from our CEO
With the recent increase in positive COVID-19 cases throughout the general U.S. public, as well as the overall truck driver population, we want to communicate how we can help you keep our country’s drivers safe during this time. Below are the steps we are currently taking with our drivers and all other employees:
- We are closely monitoring and adhering to guidance from the CDC, Local Health Departments, FMCSA, ATA, NPTC, State Trucking Associations, staffing industry associations and the National Safety Council. We are sharing this information with all employees via email messages, as well as on our blog and social media sites.
- We have provided guidance on preventative measures to ensure a safe work environment including options for remote work, keeping work environments sanitized, social-distancing and have advised all employees to stay home if they are sick.
- We are asking drivers to stay hydrated, safe, and keep their trucks cleansed and sanitized before and after each use. We are directing all drivers to locate access to proper cleaning and sanitizing supplies at their respective job site.
- We are asking our drivers to communicate directly with you if they are feeling unwell, whether they are experiencing common COVID-19 symptoms or not.
- We are providing free masks and hand-sanitizer for our drivers at each of our branches, with safe pick-up protocols in place.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to provide counseling to all employees who are suffering from depression or anxiety due to COVID-19 or other related or non-related circumstances. We have also provided additional mental health resources to employees in need.
If there is any special communication that you are currently relaying to your drivers that you would like us to reinforce at TransForce Group, please let us know. Our partnership is crucial at this time, not only to keep trucks moving, but to ensure the safety of all.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out should you have any questions by calling us at 800-308-6989.
President and CEO, TransForce Group